Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gone Camping!

I am packing for my vacation. No, I am not really a planner when it comes to vacations. This time it was a good thing, because my vacation plans got delayed. It was supposed to start last week but it turned out that my husband needed to take care of some things before we go and we had to stay home. It was because of some very good news for him, so I was not upset, but we had to reorganize.  In the last minute we decided to go camping for a week. Then we are coming back for one week and then going again, in another direction, that (can you believe it?) it is not yet clear at this point but it will not involve camping.


Going camping is a  a break from my usual routine, not to mention a challenge to live without pencil skirts for a week.

It is one of the instances when I figured out that if you cannot beat them you join them. So I am not one of those people that would bring the hair straightener and bunch of skirts to wear, despite the circumstances. I am taking a few pairs of shorts and tee shirts, longer pants, chambray and madras shirts, couple sweatshirts, rain coat and just in case two knit dresses for going out. The campground is located by the shore, so I will also have swimsuits and cover up, long brimmed hat, flip flops and Sperrys. That's about it.

I did not go camping for some time so we shall see how I will survive. But last year we did hat-to-hat hiking in the NH Presidential range, sleeping in triple bunk beds and eating food served family style with all the other hikers. Every morning at 6AM the Ivy League students that maintain the huts will wake us up with their singing. No shower for 5 days! Let me tell you, I had a blast!

I will be away, but guess what? I am sneaky and I scheduled several fitting room reviews posts for the next week. So you will see all the JCrew Fall 2012 items I tried on this week. I think my husband will divorce me soon, as it took all my free time. Thankfully we are going camping, so no Internet for me. But I will try to check your comments if I have a reception on my phone and reply to you if I can!

Mondays post will include a review of Jeweled collar sweater! I love it!



I see you next week and hopefully have some pictures from my vacations to show that I survived. Wish me luck!


12 comments:

  1. I hope you are a happy camper! I like your attitude towards roughing it.
    Safe travels for you and your family!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful vacation! It's so nice to get away from it all. Looking forward to you review, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJC - you are a gem (pun intended related to sweater!)

    Good luck camping! I am not a camper anymore. My idea of roughing it now is the Comfort Inn. It is a long story, but at a certain point, one has to own one's foibles!

    Have a wonderful restful and fun week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WMM, I am in Ogunquin thanks to you!
      If you see it, can you please send me an email ( it is under contact me on my blogger profile)?
      I wanted to ask for lobster place recommendations, so far we went to Lobster shack and it was great!

      Delete
  4. Sounds adventurous, I hope you have fun! I've done 3 days camping without a shower, but my hat is off to you for making it 5 days! Do you recommend the hut-to-hut trip? It does sound like fun, if we were to shave 2 days off of the trip ! Thanks for setting up the reviews while you're gone! I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of what you tried. You are so lucky to live near the concept store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like so much fun!! :))) have a wonderful time with your family! Thank you in advance for thinking of regular readers like me even when you are away. I think you are very thoughtful! So no one will want to divorce such a nice lady like you. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the time with your family, ajc! It's nice to get away from it all every now and then. I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time with your family . I can't believe how organized you are. Taking care of us while you're gone. NO man is his right mine would divorce a cutie like you !! Does this mean will have a BATHROOM PICTURE from a campground ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adventure! The presidential mountains in NH are magnificent. Have a wonderful and relaxing time at the shore. You are so organized. I, and your faithful readership, will look forward to seeing your posts this week. Please don't waste your precious phone battery time replying to me...however, if you need to have me check on something, or are having a JCrewmergency, you know where I live! Let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip, AJC! We go camping a couple times a year and it's nice to unplug and not worry about what you look like for a few days! I hope you get to relax and have fun! So sweet of you to set up some posts for next week! I will certainly be looking for them! I loved the jeweled collar sweater so much from the picture, I called your store and ordered one! Glad to hear you love it and look forward to your review! Safe travels! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everybody for great wishes. So far it is great although my hair is Horrible but I am in what the heck mood. But at least by now I very good in cutting offy head in pictures, imagine the vacation album with only my torso in it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete