Sunday, April 1, 2012

J.Crew April Rollout Preview - Striped Blazer and more

Hi everybody! Hope are are having a great weekend!

My last few days have been extremely busy. On Friday I worked from home but I ended up working until midnight and then I also had to work through the whole Saturday but this end of quarter is finally done and I can relax a bit this Sunday.

I was able to finally recreate my deleted Friday's post, so here is the reminder of my fitting room reviews, featuring some items that should be in J.Crew stores sometime in April:

Polka Dot Silk Cami

I like the small polka dots on this one and the neckline is flattering. The shape and neckline is similar to another cami J.Crew had some time ago, I cannot remember the name of it...


It is navy, not black
Size 4, runs TTS to large

$110, 100% silk
I think it is overpriced and I don't need another cami, I have too many as it is, but the print and shape are pretty.

Please excuse my nasty burn mark on my upper arm, believe me, the banana bread I made was totally worth it !

Another Talithian blouse

This time in linen. I tried on the red one, but it also comes in white.

Size 6

TTS and nice drape
It drapes nicely, which is not always the case with linen. This is a thicker linen than the linen used in perfect button downs, I think it will not be see through, even in white. I like the neckline and the red color is delicious. It is true medium warm red, I like it a lot. The code is CHI, is it Chili?

100% Linen
I do like the silhouette, laid back and perfect for summer. And I think the price is not too bad.

$88

Striped Collection Blazer

I can never pull off this shape, no matter how much I try, so it is hard for me to judge, but I have lots of pictures, so you can decide for yourself.

Size 6, TTS but boxy

Long sleeves

Looks good open

Bunches up in the back
OK, I admit. I don't like it on me.  But I may be biased. I think I look like linebacker.

I like the colors

You can roll up sleeves

$225, not so bad for Collection piece

Hidden button placket,  rattan-like texture

Fabric contet


Back view

Unfinished edges or fringe detail


No to blazer,  'maybe on deep sale' to polka dot cami, and 'possibly' to red linen blouse.

That's all folks!

***
How was your weekend?

Do you like any of the reviewed pieces?
Will you consider buying them?
Which one is your favorite?

25 comments:

  1. Oh that burn, how on earth did you manage that?
    I think my shoulders are getting out of hand too, but ooh well.
    Hmm, lots of chores but sunny and warm here and a visit up north, not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you only use one oven mitt and try to get something out too quickly...

      Delete
  2. Thanks SO much for these great reviews!!! I want that polka dot blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rynetta, I can see you rocking it with a pencil skirt.

      Delete
  3. I have burn marks on both arms, I'm an absolute clumsy oaf in the kitchen! I hope yours heals up fast.
    Okay I love that red linen blouse, it is a perfect red. And the blazer, I really like the fabric and the colors, I like it on you. I think it would be so pretty with a navy pencil skirt.
    I'm glad your work is over for the weekend. We've had a quiet one though we do have corporate year ends with everything due tomorrow so I've been a bit preoccupied with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This red is perfect and I cannot wear red when it is too dark, too orange, too pink, I am a total Goldilocks about red. But if J.Crew does one thing well it is color, somehow they are able to find just the right balance.

      Delete
  4. AJC - I like all of these. I am drooling over the polka dot blouse.... That is a nasty burn on your arm!!! That must have really hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad, I think it looks worse than it is, but now it is peeling and those burn marks last forever :(

      Delete
  5. oouch!! Poor you! I once burnt my wrist when taking out a baking pan in the oven and it was ages ago and I still have the little scar. So I can totally feel your pain!!

    Love the polka dot cami but at $110??!! Oh my, what is up with J. Crew pricing lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think $110 is crazy, but we know how quickly they get discounted.

      Delete
  6. The red linen top looks wonderful on you. I could see you wearing that with a lot of different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joelle, this was my favorite too. I will probably get it if we get one of those 20% off full price.

      Delete
  7. I love the red linen top. I have no red in my closet - I wished I'd had something red to wear to Mass today. I will be watching for this top to make it to the west coast! It looks wonderful on you and I'm glad to hear it is not sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kristin, it is funny you say that because I was actually admiring the red cape (chasuble? you know, the thing they wear over cassock to Mass) on the priest today and it looked so good I caught myself thinking if I can recreate the look :)
      Is that inappropriate or what?

      Delete
  8. I got to stop by J. Crew this weekend (eeeeee!) and found the pop art polka dot cafe capri and fell completely in love with them. I was hoping to see the polka dot popovers in store too but they were already sold out. I snagged a few other jems too. Wish that silk cami you reviewed was there, I'd love to get it for this summer. But you're right....maybe wait for it to go on sale, its pretty expensive for a cami.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Tasia, the popovers are already sold out? I think they still had some white ones with black polka dots in my store. Of, the pop art capris would be awesome with any bright top! If I was only more daring...
      Yeah, I would wait for sale on the cami.

      Delete
  9. My favorite thing amongst those is the red top. It's super pretty, the price is okay and it fits you PERFECTLY!
    I'm not a fan of the jacket...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steffi, I agree about the red top, and I actually need something like that...

      Delete
  10. I guess the jacket is part of the gondola stripe line and it's the piece that looks most like a costume, imo. The texture of the jacket looks interesting, in a good way. Thanks for the pics. I hope your arm heals very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket is a statement piece, I could not pull it off, it is way too much for me. On the other hand, my mother, who is more into Anthro-like-stuff, would LOVE it!

      Delete
  11. I have not seen that linen blouse on the website--is it only in stores? I'm definitely interested in that item. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E, this is from the 'concept store' in Garden State Plaza in Paramus. They receive some inventory about a month ahead of other stores and online. Some items maybe also be store-only.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the sneak peek.

    Well, I think J.Crew and I are headed for splitsville. I don't know if it's them or if it's me but at least one of us has gone in a different direction. My husband and I actually LOL'd several times over the new catalog so we are still aligned. I think it's them. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it may be natural order of things, I know some are loyal to certain brands for entire life but I like a change every few years. But there are still some things that they do well, like pencil skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is incredibly helpful! I've been lusting after that blazer and I'm really glad you wrote a review on it. I still may go try it on but it doesn't seem as covet-worthy as I thought! Thanks xo

    sanfranciscoblonde.com

    ReplyDelete