Monday, April 23, 2012

Banana Republic new arrivals

Last Wednesday I visited Banana Republic to buy Mini-striped weekend dress that I reviewed HERE. Thank you Gigi for sending me the 40% in store coupons!!! I also had $30 rewards cards so the dress came down to about $12. Yay!

Necklace also from BR
I already have worn it last week and it was perfect. Above I am wearing it with Madewell Academy blazer and last year's Talbots shoes.

Dress size Medium


Since I was there I took a bunch of items to the fitting room to try them on for you but when I got there I realized that I left my phone in the car :(

It was almost strange to be in the fitting room and did not take any pictures, how did I do it before I started a blog? You'd think I would have more fun, not having to take pictures and just having it all to myself but somehow it wasn't as exciting to only try it for myself.

They let me use the coupon for multiple items even if it says one item only, I did not even ask for it but the SA told me that they changed the rules that day.

Since I tried them on, I will review few items for you but I don't have the fitting room pictures, unfortunately.



This was a nice blouse but the square neck is pretty wide. I tried size M and I think size S would be too clingy. Feels very soft and the print is flattering.


This is a great shirt if you are an A or B cup. I really liked it but it was pulling at the chest even when I sized up one size. Size 6 fit me everywhere perfectly, shoulders, waist, hips, length but it was way too tight in the chest (I am 34D). Size 8 was not fitting as nice but still would be acceptable, but the chest was still borderline. I would need to wear a cami.  The fact that I still contemplated buying it tells you how much I liked this shirt. If you are small chested it may the THE perfect chambray shirt, the blue color is beautiful and the cut is very flattering.




This is a perfect summer dress. Nice and easy and falls to the knee on me (5.6")
I tried size 6 and the fit was good but rather close, I would like to try size 8 to see how it fits.




They only had size 4 in this skirt and it was definitely too tight and va-va-voom. I think 6 would have been fine. This skirt has a side zipper and the front buttons are only decorative. I actually thought this was a plus. I thought it was going to be a-line but it had pencil shape. Maybe it would look different in 6, because 4 was definitely too small.

Sunny days skirt

I bought this skirt. I love it. To me, it is a perfect, easy summer skirt, linen and cotton blend and on trend citrus hue. It has a hint of mustard in it but it still reads yellow. I love it with navy, striped tees, chambray, denim, white shirt, floral and polka dots. Super cute and under $50 with 40% off.

I love yellow with gray

Skirt Size 6



Sunny days combo



Size 6 fits me perfectly, so I would say, size up one size from your J.Crew pencil skirt size. The pictures were taken at the end of the day so you can assess the wrinkle factor. It does wrinkle. It doesn't bother me but it is something to consider.



The shape and size of this bag are great if you are looking for a navy bag. the strap is adjustable and removable. I don't like how the handle looks when you use shoulder strap (but this always bothers me in other brands too) and the leather is rather stiff.  But if it goes on sale and with extra 30% off it will be quite attractive. Even with just 40% off on Wednesdays.


I bought this clutch. I have returned the Marc by Marc Jacobs purse that I ordered HERE because it was too small and nothing special. With the 40% off this Claudia clutch was a steal. Not perfect because I would prefer a shoulder strap, but with this price I am not too concerned. 

Just the right size for me
This is small enough to take to coctail party but it will easily fit my essentials: phone, wallet, keys, lipstick and sunglasses.
Front pocket easily accessible

Zippered pocket inside

I tried some of the shoes as well but they were rather uncomfortable with the exception of these sandals:




The Sandals fitted in size 8 and seemed comfortable. I was not thrilled with the way ankle strap looked, but then again I don't really like this shape of sandal. The black patent and color block effect was cool.




I love those wedges on the website but they were disappointing irl.  I mean, they still looked great and fitted me in size 8 but were very uncomfortable. They are narrow and the toe strap was digging into my skin. I have medium wide feet and high instep, so they may work for you if you don't have those issues. For me they were a total pass, not even on deep sale, since they would be torture devices.

***
That's all folks!

What do you think?
Have you visited Banana Republic recently?
Are you finding things you like their spring rollout?

Please share it would be no fun without you!!!

8 comments:

  1. love, love the yellow skirt. and those trish sandals are so cute. i have a high instep too. love the navy and yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! Navy and yellow are one of my favorite color pairings. Higher instep can be a pain, especially in boots, I usually cannot wear any of the pull on flats because of that.

      Delete
  2. I Love that dress and the yellow skirt on you. I always walk by BR on my was to J Crew, I have to make a point of stopping next time!!! You look great in these outfits!!! Thanks for the reviews!! Have a great Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MB, I am finding some very nice things in BR these days, you should stop by. They used to be my fav store but in tyhe last two-three years I maybe bought five things total.

      Delete
  3. That yellow skirt is excellent, and of course I love it with the yellow Valentina pumps, they are perfect for each other!!
    Thanks for reviewing BR for us. You pick out the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow skirt is a winner, I agree.
      these shoes are from Talbots, they do look like Valentinas, I know, but I could never score the yellow ones, I ordered them twice and they were canceled both times.

      Delete
  4. Love the yellow skirt and the yellow Valentinas! I bought the seersucker blazer recently, which I like a lot. I am now becoming a Valentinas addict, having picked up three pairs recently (red, black, leopard print patent) on sale! So perfect for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are Talbot's stingray slingbacks but I am a Valentina addict too of course. I wish I could order the blue snakeskin....

      Delete