Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's OOTD round up


I didn't do an OOTD post for a while. Here are some outfits I have been wearing recently:

Gallerista Skirt
My Gallerista skirt is one of my favorite J.Crew purchases from last year and I was waiting, not so patiently, for spring to be able to wear it again. I like it with denim top to offset the dressiness of the skirt. It was the stock picture of this skirt that made me purchase my black Valentinas.

Liberty shirt and Italian Boucle pencil
You have seen both pencil skirt and the shirt but not together, I think. These are the last days I could still get away with wearing the wool pencil skirt, but the color definitely helps with transitioning to spring. With the busy print of the shirt, I didn't want to add any accessories but I like the belt with it. Those belts (I have the pink one as well, see below) are great, a little wider than skinnies and very soft. 
Merci Stripe tee & Ann Taylor capris
I am very happy with the Merci stripe tee and I have been wearing it a lot. I like it with white Ann Taylor capris. I added black ballet flats and black accessories to keep it from being too summery though.

Superfine cotton pencil 
This was no nonsense all navy outfit to keep it business like. I had a presentation that day and I did not want any distractions. I did add the pink belt to make it more 'me'.

Raj Paisley pencil
Here I got to wear my Raj Paisley skirt to church. It looked good with red . I saw a picture on Rynetta's blog with pink top, I have to try that combo next time.
Cotton v-neck & Silk Indigo skirt

This cotton v-neck is not the best quality or fit but the main reason I kept it was that I saw that I can wear it with my Silk Indigo skirt. The cobalt blue of this skirt is very hard to match and I've been wearing it with navy and black but the sweater is a perfect shade for it, so for 19.99 I decided to keep it and I am glad I did.

Paintbox cardi
The above was my Friday outfit and I didn't think it was exciting but I got a lot of complements, I think people like colorful, cheerful outfits.

***
That's all folks!

Do you own any of the clothes I was wearing?
Do you like any of the outfits? What's your favorite?

Please share, it would be no fun without you!!!

11 comments:

  1. They are all lovely and all so different, boy I really do look the same most days. My favourite is the gallerista and the Valentinas, I think the heel height on them is perfect, I tried on a pair when I was away.
    I really need to go on a shopathon, I've just been clearing out, I now have 7 day dresses, 4 skirts, three pairs of jeans, 2 Jackies and 3 shirts for spring and summer - so not enough clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabbers, The first one was my favorite as well!
      I would love to go shopping with you, it does sound like you don;t have enough you poor girl. I thought I was ruthless purger but you put me to shame, lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Tabitha, all of these outfits are lovely!!! You don't how grateful I am that you have an IRL outfit picture with the Silk Indigo Skirt. That skirt has been sitting in my closet since I bought it because I couldn't figure out how to style it. What color shoes are you wearing with the skirt? You rock!!! And, thanks a bunch for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rynetta, that silk indigo skirt is tricky to style, I could never match that cobalt blue, It is such a distinctive skirt, it needs something simple but plain cotton tee also looks wrong with it. It is one of my fav prints but one of more challenging ones as well. I wish I have a top in the same print , I would try the hook-up.

      Delete
    2. and, I meant to say "don't know how...." Sorry!

      Delete
  3. I wish I hadn't missed the Paintbox cardigan and the Gallerista skirt! Those outfits are my favorites from your post. That cardigan is so cheerful, no wonder that outfit got compliments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cate, thanks!
      I am sure the cardi will popback if you are looking for it, some stores may have it as well. The Gallerista skirt is one of my all time fav purchases from J.Crew.

      Delete
  4. It's funny but I don't have any of these items. I love the Gallerista on other people but I know that it would just sit in my closet. I think you really look good in jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ema, I love to wear jeans but it is only on Friday for work and not in the summer as they feel oppressive in the heat.
      I did but something recently that you own and love, guess what it is?

      Delete
  5. i think my favorite is the first outfit - although honestly i like all of them. you are so bright and cheerful in all these outfits. i bet your co-workers are so happy b/c you always look so great.

    have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, a lot of people at work tell me that I wear color well, I smile and take it at face value and try not think that it may have hidden meaning aka 'you stick out', lol

      Delete