Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter (and review of White House Black Market Silk Tie Neck Blouse)

I hope you are having a great weekend! I wanted to wish Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate.


I was initially planning to have a quiet weekend at home, with just an immediate family. I was looking forward to it, because usually my holidays are pretty hectic with a lot of people over and a lot of cooking.

However, I have to admit that when I received my Bloomingdales order with the DVF dress, I realized it would be a perfect Easter dress and I started regretting that we are not going to have a company after all. This is what a pretty dress could do to me, lol. Coincidentally,  that same evening, a friend called me to invite us to an Easter branch at their house. Of course I said yes, I could not pass on the opportunity to wear a dress without even having to cook. My friend apologized for inviting us in the last minute. Do you think she might have gotten a new dress too?

On Saturday, we always go to church for the Blessing of the Food, it is an old Slavic/Polish tradition. Basically, you put bread, wine, sausages, decorated eggs, salt, sugar lamb (symbol of Christ) and candy in the basket covered with a doily, decorate the top with some green twigs and take it to church for blessing.  The eggs are then broken and shared at Easter breakfast, along with other blessed food. Pastry lamb is put in the middle of the table.   

My daughters decorated the eggs together

We also do an Easter Egg Hunt, right after breakfast, this is organized by our neighbours for the whole block. We have 35 kids on our street and they bring in a lot of candy!

***

As I mentioned, the other day I have received the Polka-Dot Tie-Front Blouse,  I ordered from White House Black market. After trying in on, I decided that it would be just a perfect thing to wear to the Food Blessing.

At first, I tried it with black cafe capris and the new Theory jacket.

Size 8

With Theory jacket

But I thought it will be more fun with some color added.

This feels more 'Easter' to me
It will probably be too cold to wear it alone, so I will throw on the jacket.

Blurry, but just showing you the silhouette
The blouse fits me well in size 8. I read reviews that said it was very fitted, so I knew a 6 would be too small, especially that I was after a less fitted look of Alice+Olivia  Ria Polka Dot Tie Neck. I actually ordered an 8 and a 10, just in case, but it turned out that an 8 was perfect, definitely not too fitted.

The blouse is 100% silk and the seaming is perfect. I think you can also wear the ties loose, it still looks good imo. It has nice covered little buttons and gathering in the back.  I really like it and I think it is well worth the money.


Covered buttons and untied

HAPPY EASTER!!!

***

What are you doing this weekend?
Do you have any special Easter traditions?
Do you have a special outfit planned?
Do you like the blouse?

Please share, it would be no fun without you!!!

11 comments:

  1. that is so funny about your friend's invitation. she probably did get a new outfit!

    i love the blouse, it is so pretty and it looks to be versatile too.

    i will tell alex he has a potential adoptive parent, he will be thrilled. btw, i happen to know he paid $4 for my blouse. that kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $4!!! You trained him well :) hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. The blouse is 100% cotton and it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sell my house! The blouse is 100% silk.

      Delete
  3. I love it with the capris and brown heels, you look fantastic there.
    Oh that lamb is so cute, I can't believe your neighbours do that together, no one here mixes at all, I'm on polite nodding terms with my two nearest neighbours and wouldn't even recognise the others at the local shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabitha, this is one of the reasons I love living here. We have block parties, Easter egg hunt, pumpkin carvings and kids walk to school together.

      Delete
  4. I love the blouse on you!! So very flattering. Thank you for sharing your Easter traditions, my family has a special Easter morning breakfast post Sunday pass, that includes a special sweet raisin bread that we make only for Easter. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and your new dress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MB! I am trying to recover today from way too much food and drink :)

      Delete
  5. I also like the blouse and that red skirt! It's gorgeous! Is it a JCrew skirt?
    Thanks for sharing your Easter with us. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Yes, this is j.crew double serge wool in persimmon from few years ago.

      Delete