Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blue and Green

I am definitely on the monochromatic kick in the last couple of weeks. I have always liked the ease and simplicity of it. Single color just pulls everything together while tonal variations and bits of pattern or texture keep it from being boring. In the beginning of the the last week I wore the peach/orange outfit and the black with cobblestone outfit which were both tonal. I plan on wearing the blush outfit no5 from my Valentine's Day post and I have few other monochromatic combinations in mind for the next week.

Brora sweater, bag Banana Republic, glasses Ray Ban, rest J.Crew

I always say that I am more of a blue than a green person but there are certain shades of green that I really like. I think it has to be a blue toned green, yellow toned greens make me look sick and suck all the light out of my complexion.


The skirt has some silver threads in the tweed and I liked how the necklace picked it up but I could not capture it well in the pictures because of the blazing sunshine. The skirt is J.Crew from couple of season's ago and the turtleneck is from Brora.
***

jeans by Anthro, Coach purse, L&T cashmere vest, rest J.Crew

Again, this was a very sunny day and everything was coming out very washed out, he colors are much more vibrant irl.


I don't think I have worn a sweater vest over a button front shirt since my twenties but for some reason it felt right this time. I think it is because of the tonal aspect. The shell elongates the line of trousers and creates a leaner look, while the pattern of the shirts breaks up the monotony of blue.


***

That's all folks!

Blue or green for you?
Are you drawn to monochromatic outfits like me?

Please share, it would be no fun without you!!!

9 comments:

  1. HI AJC,
    Green is my favorite color, although I do prefer bluer greens as well. Funny about the vest- I was drawn to that picture right away, and thought it looked great on you. Immediately I started mulling over whether or not I had any vests in my closet. I think it is a perfect paring with an oxford shirt. I am noticing that you are really switching around your handbags lately. I like this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KnitYarns when I was putting the vest on, I still thought it will probably look silly but I was surprised that I quite liked it once it was on. I do change my bags quite often but it is only between the three, black, saddle and blue, they all sit in my shoe closet by the door so I decide once I had on outfit on which one to wear.

      Delete
  2. I love green and blue! I have a shoulder wrap in cashmere from Brora that is the exact green of your turtleneck. I'm planning to carry the wrap around this summer to wear with blue and white, it is warm but not too fancy, it will be perfect for the kind of casual spring and summer outfits I'm planning.
    I really like the look of the vest over your button front shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Oh, those shoulder wraps are great, I should have one for the air-conditioned office.

      Delete
  3. Love these books. This tonal dressing, is so flattering I think! I wear a vest now and then and always like it! I am actually wearing Kelly green and navy together and I always think it looks so slick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! Kelly green and navy is a great combination, I love it!

      Delete
  4. I wear greens, blues and purples when not in neutrals; love that Brora turtleneck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lane, that sounds like everything would go together, perfect tonal color story.

      Delete
  5. I adore monochromatic dressing - there's an elegance to it and it seems modern without being trendy, imo. I love the layered blue look!

    ReplyDelete